Thursday 17 October 2013

Youth In Asia

After Sandra's last email and her plea for me to help her get her hands on her late fathers millions, I thought I should reply. I decided to completely ignore everything she said about the money and tell her about my dead wife instead. Heads up to Symon for the Youth in Asia pun! I wish I could take the credit for that one but I can't! It was far too good not to use :)





Hello Sandra

Thank you very much for your email. It does sound like you are having a horrible time in the refugee camp. My heart bleeds for you my dear, it really does. I am a man of mean with my own business so I will do everything I can to assist you and make life better and more comfortable for you. I am so glad you have a friend in Reverend Daniel Peter. He sounds like a good man. We really must look at some way of getting you out of there.

Anyway my dear, if we are to look towards developing a relationship together, one that is of mutual benefit, we really do need to know more about each other. As humans, we are complex beings and it is of utmost importance that we are honest and open with each other about everything.

As I told you, my wife died 5 years ago in a tragic accident. We were teenage sweethearts and barely spent a day apart. She understood all my strange quirks and differences but loved me all the same. We both had a keen interest in charitable work and together we set up a charity for wayward teenagers in Thailand called Youth In Asia. The aim of the charity was to help get these naughty, naughty children back on the straight and narrow by offering them opportunities to turn their lives around. This involved counselling, group activities and voluntary work. If all this failed and they continued to get into trouble and  break the law then at the request of the authorities, we used the funds the send them to Dignitas.

We had been working with this one particular girl who was a persistent offender. She got up to all sorts, burglaries, muggings, assaults, you name it, she'd done it. She was a complete nightmare! We had tried everything to help her but she had no intention of mending her ways. The courts put an order in place and she was to sent to Dignitas. My darling wife Susan was to accompany the girl to ensure that everything went smoothly. The journey there went without a hitch and they arrived at Dignitas at the planned time. Sue took the young girl to the waiting room and went to get her booked in.  They were then showed to a room and told to make themselves comfortable as there was a bit of a wait due to high numbers of people booked in that day. It had been quite a long and tiring journey so Sue laid on the bed and must have fallen asleep. Now we can only guess as to what happened next as there is no real way of knowing.

The first I knew that anything was amiss was a phone call in broken English with a heavy German accent enquiring if I was the husband of Susan Jorgan. I replied that I was and asked if there was a problem. What she said next came as a complete shock to me. Apparently, Susan had woken up and paid a visit to the little girls room to freshen up a bit after her nap. Whilst she was in the bathroom, the doctor had come in with a glass of water containing the barbiturates with instructions for the teenage girl to lay on the bed and consume the drink all in one go.  He was then suddenly called away to an emergency, leaving the glass on a cabinet next to the bed. Now this is where we can only guess as to what happened next. It looks likely that the girl used her sudden solitude to make a run for it and escape from the building and to freedom. Susan must have returned from the bathroom to an empty room, assuming the girl had gone somewhere with the doctor. Probably feeling thirsty after the journey and subsequent sleep, she must have drunk the glass that looked like pure water but contained the barbiturates. She was found sat in a chair, stone cold dead by the doctor on his return.

Of course they were most apologetic but that doesn't make up for the fact that my beloved Susan was now dead. As for the girl, she was last seen getting arrested for forcing cats to jump on trampolines dressed as the Pope whilst playing tiny pianos. I can't stand animal abuse can you? The charity no longer exists as it was a constant reminder of what I had lost.

So Sandra, I am now all alone. I loved my Susan dearly but it's now time to move on. I want to know all about you, what your hobbies are, what music you like and if you think you could ever love a sad, lonely man like me.

Please write back soon my dear.

Much love


Hugh xx x x x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment